Looking For What To Do in Pokhara? Experience Tibetan Culture with Our Morning Tour
WE RUN TOURS SEVEN DAYS A WEEK.
Return: 01:30 p.m.
We provide pick-up and drop off services to and from your hotel.
POKHARA TIBETAN CULTURAL TOUR :
Our tour guide Mr. Thupten Gyatso will offer well-informed information and welcome questions from our guests as well. You can also read more here about Tibetans in Nepal.
Our tour includes explanation about Tibet, Buddhist culture and Tibetan people living in Nepal. And how well Tibetans have preserved their rich Buddhist cultural heritage, in Nepal, as refugees.
Click image below to read more reviews
- Visit the monastery and attend the morning group pooja (prayer chanting) with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell etc used during the prayer.
- Enjoy Tibetan breakfast in a local family, where you will experience the taste of Tibetan food; tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
- Meet and lean about Buddhist monk’s monastic lifestyle and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and see how Tibetan people make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Visit settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Learn about Tibetan symbolic arts and images that carries an importance in their daily life.
- Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn basic knowledge about Tibetan medicine and its treatment. Receive first-hand experience medical check up from a Tibetan doctor.
- Enjoy simple and delicious food in a Tibetan restaurant in the afternoon.
- Learn about Tibetan schools and its education system in the Tibetan settlements.