Annapurna Base Camp Trek (ABC) TRIP OVERVIEW:
Trip Duration: 10 nights 11 days trek.
Max Altitude: 4130m
Transport: Private vehicle, local bus & Jeep
Accommodation: Tea house
Group Size: For individual, friends and family members. All our treks are private.
Meals: All included.
Why to do the Annapurna Base Camp Trek ?
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek is the base camp itself.
- The Annapurna Panorama.
- The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is also known as the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek.
- The Prominent Ethnic Culture.
- Moderate Trip.
- Mountain Annapurna (8091m) of Nepal is the 10th highest Mt in the world.
- Wide Variety of flora and fauna.
Annapurna range is the most exquisite , with some of the world’s highest mountain views including Annapurna I (8,091m / 10th highest). While the foothills are dominated by diverse ethnic groups with their charming villages and terraced farms, higher reaches are pristine roved only by shepherds. We will come across the several view points with world famous Himalayan views. The trekking is the best insight into the Nepalese mountain lifestyle, ethnic diversity and a moderate adventure in the Himalayas.
Our trek starts from Pokhara, the natural capital of Nepal. Pokhara is known as lake city with an amphitheater of mountains. Annapurna range makes its northern wall. This is a base for several treks in the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. We drive 44 km / 1.5 hrs to the trekking trail head at 1,100 m from Pokhara and start our trek to Ghorepani first. Ghorepani or its top Poon Hill (3,200 m) offers view of about 15 snow peaks including Dhaulagiri I (8,167m / 7th highest), Annapurna I (8,091m / 10th highest) and Manaslu (8,156m / 8th highest). This is the good start of the trek. Then we will walk through the rhododendron forest to Chhomrong village across the Annapurna South. From here one can enjoy the heights of Annapurna South and Fishtail. The trail further enters into the narrow valley wedged between Annapuran south and Fishtail. At Fishtail base camp (3,700 m), we come to meadows and glacial moraine with relatively bright and wide valley. Annapurna base camp (4,200 m) has snow peaks at 360 degree.
Day 01: Drive to Kande and trek to Landruk- (1565m) 5/6 hrs walk.
Day 02: Trek to Chomrong- (2170m) 5 hrs walk.
Day 03: Trek to Bamboo- (2310m) 4/5 hrs walk.
Day 04: Trek to Deurali- (3230m) 5 hrs walk.
Day 05: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp- (4130m) 5 hrs walk.
Day 06: Trek to Dovan- (2600m) 5 hrs walk.
Day 07: Trek to Chomrong- (2170m) 5 hrs walk.
Day 08: Trek to Tadapani- (2630m) 6 hrs walk.
Day 09: Trek to Ghorepani- (2860m) 6 hrs walk.
Day 10: Trek to Tikhedhunga- (1500m) 5 hrs walk.
Day 11: Trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara.
- Trekking permits
- Trekking guide
- Food (meals include only the main course and tea/coffee. It doesn’t include starters or dessert).
- Private lodgings
- Water purification tablets
- Transportation (pick up and drop services from your hotel)
- alcoholic and soft drinks
1) Trekking Bag (35L to 50L Maximum)
2) One pair of trousers
3) One pair of shorts / half pants
4) Hat or Cap to block strong sunlight
5) Two T-shirts
6) Medium size quick drying towel
7) Few under wears
8) One thick coat/jacket
9) Trekking boots
10) 2 pairs of socks
11) 1 pair of sandals
12) Water bottle
13) Trekking poles (I have 2 poles)
14) Sunblock cream, face and body moisturiser
15) Sunblock spectacle
16) Basic First Aid Kit
17) Tissue paper, wet wipes, and toiletry
18) Feminine hygiene products
19) Anti bacterial hand wash.
20) Toothbrush and toothpaste