Annapurna Base Camp Trek (ABC) TRIP OVERVIEW:
Trip Duration: 10 nights 11 days trek.
Max Altitude: 4130m
Transport: Private vehicle, local bus & Jeep
Accommodation: Tea house
Group Size: For individual, friends and family members. All our treks are private.
Meals: All included.
Why to do the Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
- Spectacular Scenery: The Annapurna Base Camp trek offers some of the most stunning mountain scenery in the world. The trail takes you through a variety of landscapes, including lush forests, terraced fields, and high-altitude landscapes with panoramic views of snow-capped peaks.
- Annapurna Base Camp: The Annapurna Base Camp trek takes you to the Annapurna Base Camp itself, which is located at an altitude of 4,130 meters. From here, you can enjoy magnificent views of Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Hiunchuli, and other snow-capped peaks.
- Annapurna Panorama: The Annapurna Base Camp trek also offers a breathtaking view of the Annapurna Panorama, which includes the Annapurna Massif, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), and other peaks.
- Annapurna Sanctuary: The Annapurna Base Camp trek is also known as the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek because it takes you through a beautiful and serene valley that is surrounded by high mountains on all sides, making it feel like a sanctuary.
- Ethnic Culture: The Annapurna Base Camp trek takes you through a variety of traditional Nepalese villages, where you can experience the local culture and way of life of the Gurung and Magar people.
- Moderate Trip: The Annapurna Base Camp trek is considered a moderate trek, which means that it is suitable for most people with a moderate level of fitness. The trek takes around 10-12 days to complete and involves hiking for 5-6 hours per day.
- Flora and Fauna: The Annapurna Base Camp trek takes you through a variety of ecosystems, from lush forests to alpine landscapes, and is home to a wide range of flora and fauna, including rhododendron forests, rare birds, and animals like snow leopards and Himalayan thars.
- Annapurna Mountain: The Annapurna Base Camp trek takes you to the base of the Annapurna Mountain, which is the 10th highest mountain in the world, standing at an altitude of 8,091 meters.
In summary, the Annapurna Base Camp trek offers a unique and unforgettable trekking experience, with spectacular mountain scenery, a rich cultural experience, and a moderate level of difficulty that is suitable for most people.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is an unforgettable adventure that offers stunning views of the Annapurna mountain range, some of the highest peaks in the world. This trek also gives trekkers the opportunity to experience the rich cultural diversity of the Nepalese mountain lifestyle.
Starting from Pokhara, the natural capital of Nepal, the trek winds through charming villages and terraced farms, and takes trekkers through the pristine higher reaches of the mountains. The Annapurna range, with its northern wall looming over Pokhara, makes for a breathtaking backdrop to this trek.
The first stop is Ghorepani, which offers a panoramic view of 15 snow peaks including Dhaulagiri I, Annapurna I, and Manaslu. The trek then takes trekkers through a rhododendron forest to Chhomrong village, which boasts magnificent views of Annapurna South and Fishtail.
The trail then enters into a narrow valley wedged between Annapurna South and Fishtail, leading to the Fishtail Base Camp at 3,700m. Here, trekkers can experience the meadows and glacial moraine of a relatively bright and wide valley.
Finally, at Annapurna Base Camp, trekkers are rewarded with 360-degree views of snow peaks, including the majestic Annapurna I at 8,091m, the 10th highest peak in the world.
Throughout the trek, trekkers will encounter diverse ethnic groups and their charming villages, gaining insight into the Nepalese mountain lifestyle and cultural diversity. With moderate adventure in the Himalayas, the Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a must-do for any adventurer looking for a unique and unforgettable experience.
Day 1: Drive to Kande and trek to Landruk (1,565m) – 5/6 hours walk After an early morning drive from Pokhara, we will arrive at Kande and start our trek to Landruk. The trail is moderate and offers beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and forests.
Day 2: Trek from Landruk to Chomrong (2,170m) – 5 hours walk We will trek from Landruk to Chomrong, a beautiful Gurung village. The trail takes us through forests and terraced fields and offers breathtaking views of Annapurna South and Machhapuchhre.
Day 3: Trek from Chomrong to Bamboo (2,310m) – 4/5 hours walk We will trek from Chomrong to Bamboo, a small settlement located in a bamboo forest. The trail is steep and offers stunning views of the mountains and waterfalls.
Day 4: Trek from Bamboo to Deurali (3,230m) – 5 hours walk We will trek from Bamboo to Deurali, a small settlement located in the middle of the forest. The trail is moderate and takes us through beautiful forests and streams.
Day 5: Trek from Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) – 5 hours walk We will trek from Deurali to the Annapurna Base Camp, which offers stunning views of the Annapurna mountain range, including Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre, and Gangapurna.
Day 6: Trek from Annapurna Base Camp to Dovan (2,600m) – 5 hours walk We will trek from Annapurna Base Camp to Dovan, a small settlement located in the middle of the forest. The trail is moderate and takes us through beautiful forests and streams.
Day 7: Trek from Dovan to Chomrong (2,170m) – 5 hours walk We will trek from Dovan to Chomrong, the same Gurung village we visited on Day 2. The trail is moderate and offers stunning views of the mountains and waterfalls.
Day 8: Trek from Chomrong to Tadapani (2,630m) – 6 hours walk We will trek from Chomrong to Tadapani, a beautiful village located in a forest. The trail is moderate and takes us through beautiful forests and streams.
Day 9: Trek from Tadapani to Ghorepani (2,860m) – 6 hours walk We will trek from Tadapani to Ghorepani, a beautiful village located on a hill. The trail is moderate and takes us through beautiful forests and streams.
Day 10: Trek from Ghorepani to Tikhedhunga (1,500m) – 5 hours walk We will trek from Ghorepani to Tikhedhunga, a small settlement located in the middle of the forest. The trail is moderate and takes us through beautiful forests and streams.
Day 11: Trek from Tikhedhunga to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara We will trek from Tikhedhunga to Nayapul, where we will take a private vehicle back to Pokhara. The drive takes around 1-2 hours. You can spend the rest of the day exploring Pokhara and its beautiful surroundings.
- Trekking permits
- Trekking guide
- Food (meals include only the main course and tea/coffee. It doesn’t include starters or dessert).
- Private lodgings
- Water purification tablets
- Transportation (pick up and drop services from your hotel)
- alcoholic and soft drinks
1) Trekking Bag (35L to 50L Maximum)
2) One pair of trousers
3) One pair of shorts/half pants
4) Hat or Cap to block strong sunlight
5) Two T-shirts
6) Medium size quick drying towel
7) Few underwears
8) One thick coat/jacket
9) Trekking boots
10) 2 pairs of socks
11) 1 pair of sandals
12) Water bottle
13) Trekking poles (I have 2 poles)
14) Sunblock cream, face and body moisturizer
15) Sunblock spectacle
16) Basic First Aid Kit
17) Tissue paper, wet wipes, and toiletry
18) Feminine hygiene products
19) Anti-bacterial hand wash.
20) Toothbrush and toothpaste