KHAYER LAKE TREKKING HIGHLIGHTS:
The Khayer Lake trek is a unique and captivating trekking experience in Nepal, perfect for those looking for a less crowded trail in the Annapurna region. Along the way, trekkers can immerse themselves in the rich culture of traditional villages, witness breathtaking scenery, and enjoy views of majestic mountains, rivers, and valleys. The Khayer Lake, a serene and picturesque body of water, is the highlight of the trek and offers a peaceful respite for tired trekkers. The trail leading to the lake is lined with vibrant rhododendron forests, which bloom in the spring, adding to the beauty of the journey. The Annapurna Khayer trek offers a mix of cultural and natural experiences, with stunning views of the Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Machhapuchhare (Fishtail), Hiunchuli, Lamjung Himal, Tukuche peak, and Nilgiri mountains.
Khayer Lake Trek Overview:
Trip Duration: 8 nights 9 days trek.
Max Altitude: 4600m
Transport: Private vehicle, local bus & Jeep
Accommodation: Tea House
Group Size: For individuals, friends & family members. All our treks are private.
Meals: All included
Why to do the Khayer Lake Trek?
- Stunning mountain views: The trek offers breathtaking views of some of the tallest peaks in the Annapurna region including Annapurna, Nilgiri, Himchuli, Lamjung, Tukuche, and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail).
- Cultural immersion: The trek takes you through traditional villages and offers an opportunity to experience the unique cultures and lifestyles of the Nepalese, especially the Tamangs, Magars, and Gurungs.
- Rhododendron forest: The trail is dominated by the colorful rhododendron forest, which blooms in the spring, making it a picturesque and photogenic destination.
- Serene Khayer Lake: The Khayer Lake is a stunning and tranquil destination, surrounded by snow-capped mountains and pristine natural beauty, which offers a unique and unforgettable trekking experience.
- Off-the-beaten path: The Khayer Lake Trek is a less-traveled route, offering a peaceful and undisturbed trekking experience, away from the crowds and the noise of the more popular trekking destinations in the region.
Day 1: Drive from Pokhara to Ghandruk (1950m) and trek to Tadapani (2630m) – 4-5 hours
We will drive from Pokhara to Ghandruk by jeep. Ghandruk is a beautiful village inhabited by the Gurung community. From there, we will start our trek to Tadapani through lush forests of rhododendrons and magnolia, with stunning views of the Annapurna range. Overnight stay in Tadapani.
Day 2: Trek from Tadapani to Dobato (3420m) – 6-7 hours
Today’s trail offers magnificent views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. We will trek through dense forests, waterfalls, and streams. Overnight stay in Dobato.
Day 3: Trek from Dobato to Chistibang (3026m) – 5-6 hours
The trek to Chistibang offers us breathtaking views of the mountains and the forests. We will walk through lush rhododendron and oak forests, with occasional sightings of wildlife. Overnight stay in Chistibang.
Day 4: Trek from Chistibang to Khopra (3660m) – 5-6 hours
Today’s trek takes us through a beautiful ridge with panoramic views of the mountains. We will pass by several waterfalls, suspension bridges, and meadows. We will also visit a small temple along the way. Overnight stay in Khopra.
Day 5: Trek from Khopra to Khayer Lake (4660m) and back to Khopra – 6-7 hours
Today’s trek will be a bit challenging as we will be ascending to Khayer Lake. However, the stunning views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges from the lake make it all worthwhile. We will spend some time at the lake before descending back to Khopra. Overnight stay in Khopra.
Day 6: Trek from Khopra to Swanta (2200m) – 5-6 hours
Today, we will descend through forests of rhododendrons and oaks to the beautiful village of Swanta. We will also pass by traditional water mills and enjoy the local hospitality. Overnight stay in Swanta.
Day 7: Trek from Swanta to Ghorepani (2850m) – 5-6 hours
The trail from Swanta to Ghorepani passes through traditional villages, terraced farmland, and lush forests of rhododendrons and magnolia. Overnight stay in Ghorepani.
Day 8: Trek from Ghorepani to Tikhedhunga (1577m) – 5-6 hours
We will wake up early in the morning to hike up to Poon Hill to witness the sunrise over the Himalayas. We will then return to Ghorepani for breakfast and continue our trek to Tikhedhunga. Overnight stay in Tikhedhunga.
Day 9: Drive from Tikhedhunga to Pokhara – 2-3 hours
We will have an easy downhill trek to Nayapul from where we will take a drive to Pokhara.
Please note that the trekking duration mentioned for each day is an approximate estimate and can vary depending on individual hiking paces, weather conditions, and other factors.
- Trekking permits
- Trekking guide
- Food (meals include only the main course and tea/coffee. It doesn’t include starters or dessert).
- Private lodgings
- Water purification tablets
- Transportation (pick up and drop services from your hotel)
- alcoholic and soft drinks
1) Trekking Bag (35L to 50L Maximum)
2) One pair of trousers
3) One pair of shorts/half pants
4) Hat or Cap to block strong sunlight
5) Two T-shirts
6) Medium size quick drying towel
7) Few underwears
8) One thick coat/jacket
9) Trekking boots
10) 2 pairs of socks
11) 1 pair of sandals
12) Water bottle
13) Trekking poles (I have 2 poles)
14) Sunblock cream, face and body moisturizer
15) Sunblock spectacle
16) Basic First Aid Kit
17) Tissue paper, wet wipes, and toiletry
18) Feminine hygiene products
19) Anti-bacterial hand wash.
20) Toothbrush and toothpaste