Trip Duration: 3 nights 4 days trek.
Max Altitude: 1940 meters
Transport: Private Vehicle & local bus
Accommodation: Private Accommodation in Tea Houses
Difficulty : Easy
Group Size: For individuals, friends & family members. All our treks are private.
Contact us for more details.
Why To Do Ghandruk Trek?
- Best views of Annapurna South and Fishtail Mountain.
- Combine with homestay.
- privately run museum.
- village inhabited by the Gurung community with own culture.
The trek starts from Nayapul which serves as the gateway to the trek. It takes 2 hours on bus and 1 hour on taxi to reach Nayapul from Pokhara. The altitude of Nayapul is 1070 meters while that of Ghandruk is 2000 meters. Ghandruk is the most scenic and popular trek that can be done from Pokhara. Ghandruk offers very close view of Annapurnas and the view during sunset and sunrise is fantastic. The walk provides you the breathtaking views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchre and Hiunchuli. The Mountain View is very beautiful and the trail is relatively easy. The highest point is only 2000 m. So there is no risk of altitude sickness. All of these make this trek an ideal choice for everyone looking for short trek in Annapurna foothills.
Day 01: Pokhara to Nayapool by car (1:20 mins) then walk to Ghandruk. (4:30 to 5 hrs.)
Day 02: Ghandruk to Tolka (3:30 to 4 hrs).
Day 03: Tolka to Australian camp (3:30 to 4 hrs).
Day 04: Australian camp to Kande (45 mins) by walk and then drive by car to Pokhara (1 hour.)
- Trekking permits
Food (meals include only the main course and tea/coffee. It doesn’t include starters or dessert).
Water purification tablets
Transportation (pick up and drop services from your hotel)
- No alcoholic and soft drinks
- No porter
1) Trekking Bag (35L to 50L Maximum)
2) One pair of trousers
3) One pair of shorts / half pants
4) Hat or Cap to block strong sunlight
5) Two T-shirts
6) Medium size quick drying towel
7) Few under wears
8) One thick coat/jacket
9) Trekking boots
10) 2 pairs of socks
11) 1 pair of sandals
12) Water bottle
13) Trekking poles (I have 2 poles)
14) Sunblock cream, face and body moisturiser
15) Sunblock spectacle
16) Basic First Aid Kit
17) Tissue paper, wet wipes, and toiletry
18) Feminine hygiene products
19) Anti bacterial hand wash.
20) Toothbrush and toothpaste