Why to do Australian Camp Trekking / Dhampus Trekking?
- Views of the Himalayan Mountains of Annapurna range, Machhapuchhre,
- Manaslu range.
- Gorgeous views over the valley and also beautiful green hills.
- Rural life with the rich culture of Gurung ethnic.
Contact us for more details.
Australian Camp Trekking Trip Overview:
Trip Duration: 2 nights 3 days trek
Max Altitude: 2000 meters
Transport: Private Vehicle & local bus
Accommodation: Private Accommodation in Tea Houses
Group Size: For individuals, friends and family members. All our treks are private.
Meals: All included
“Dhampus is a picturesque village, characterized by slate-roofed houses, paved countryside, and a Buddhist monastery. This trek is perfect for those who want to experience Nepali mountain scenery and ethnic culture within a short period.
After leaving Dhampus village, it takes only an hour to reach Australian Camp, which is located in the center of the Dhampus Jungle and has a few comfortable lodges. From Australian Camp, you will be treated to stunning jungle scenery and similar views to Poon Hill, including Annapurna South, Fishtail, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Tukuche Peak, Dhampus Peak, Nilgiri, and Himchuli.”
Day 01: Drive from Pokhara to Phedi. It is a short drive of around 1 hour. And trek to Dhampus Village 1650m/3 hours.
We will begin by driving from Pokhara to Phedi, which is a short drive of about 1 hour, and then trekking to Dhampus Village at 1650m altitude for about 3 hours. Immediately upon leaving Phedi, we will start a steep uphill climb for about an hour until we reach the entrance of Dhampus village. The view of the Annapurna range and fishtail will start to become magnificent. We will walk through small, different villages within Dhampus village until we reach the end of it, where we will stay at a tea house and relax.
Day 02: Dhampus to Australian Camp hiking 2165m/3 hours.
After enjoying the magnificent view of the Himalayas in Dhampus, we will begin our trek towards Australian Camp, which will take about 3 hours through the forest. Australian Camp is the highest point of this trek and offers breathtaking views of the mountains and the spectacular Pokhara valley. The rest of the day is for you to relax.
Day 03: Australian Camp to Kande 1770m/2 hours and drive to Pokhara.
We will start the morning at Australian Camp, then begin an easy trek down towards Pokhara via a different route. We will reach Kande, then drive to Pokhara.
- Trekking guide
- Food (meals include the main course and tea/coffee. It doesn’t include starters or dessert).
- Private lodgings
- water purification tablets
- Transportation (pick up and drop services from your hotel)
- No alcoholic and soft drinks
- No Porter
1) Trekking Bag (35L to 50L Maximum)
2) One pair of trousers
3) One pair of shorts/half pants
4) Hat or Cap to block strong sunlight
5) Two T-shirts
6) Medium size quick drying towel
7) Few underwears
8) One thick coat/jacket
9) Trekking boots
10) 2 pairs of socks
11) 1 pair of sandals
12) Water bottle
13) Trekking poles (I have 2 poles)
14) Sunblock cream, face and body moisturizer
15) Sunblock spectacle
16) Basic First Aid Kit
17) Tissue paper, wet wipes, and toiletry
18) Feminine hygiene products
19) Anti-bacterial hand wash.
20) Toothbrush and toothpaste
Contact us today for more information and pricing details.