POKHARA HALF DAY TIBETAN CULTURAL TOUR :
Our Half Day Tibetan Cultural Tour guide Mr. Thupten Gyatso will offer well-informed information and will welcome questions from our guests as well.
Our tour includes lots of explanation about Tibet, Buddhist culture and Tibetan people living in Nepal and how well Tibetans have preserved their rich Buddhist cultural heritage, in Nepal, as refugees.
Return: 1:30 p.m.
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau. In addition learn how the Tibetan people introduced their unique skills in making Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Learn about the symbols and images that are important in their daily life.
- Later meet a Tibetan doctor and learn about Tibetan medicine. The doctor will explain how Tibetan medicine is used in treatment. There is also the opportunity to have the first-hand experience of a medical checkup from a Tibetan doctor.
- Likewise visit a settlement photo gallery. The photos were taken when Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Visit buddhist monastery and learn about buddhist monks life in their monastery.
- Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements. But we are sorry to say that visitors are not allowed inside the school and kindergarten.
- Inside the settlement you can enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thenthuk for lunch in a Tibetan restaurant.