Unique Pokhara Sightseeing – Full Day Tour
Tibetan Culture Tour in Pokhara, Nepal
WE RUN TOURS SEVEN DAYS A WEEK.
Return: Around 5 or 6 p.m.
POKHARA TIBETAN CULTURAL TOUR :
Our tour guide Mr. Thupten Gyatso will offer well-informed information and welcomes questions from our guests as well.
Our tour includes explanation about Tibet, Buddhist culture and Tibetan refugees living in Nepal. We will see how Tibetans have preserved their rich Buddhist cultural heritage, in refugee settlements in Nepal.
Click image below to read more reviews.
- Visit the monastery and attend the evening group pooja (prayer chanting) with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell etc used during the prayer.
- Meet and lean about Buddhist monk’s monastic lifestyle and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and see how Tibetan people make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Visit settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Learn about Tibetan symbolic arts and images that carries an importance in their daily life.
- Enjoy simple and delicious food in a Tibetan restaurant in the afternoon.
- Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn basic knowledge about Tibetan medicine and its treatment. Receive first-hand experience medical check up from a Tibetan doctor.
- Enjoy Tibetan food in a local family, where you will experience the taste of Tibetan food; tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.