Unique Pokhara Sightseeing – Full Day Tour
Tibetan Culture Tour in Pokhara, Nepal
Return: Around 5 or 6 p.m.
POKHARA TIBETAN CULTURAL TOUR :
Our tour guide Mr. Thupten Gyatso will offer well-informed information and will welcome questions from our guests as well.
Our tour includes lots of explanation about Tibet, Buddhist culture and Tibetan people living in Nepal and how well Tibetans have preserved their rich Buddhist cultural heritage, in Nepal, as refugees.
Click image below to read more reviews.
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how the Tibetan people introduced their unique skills in making Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
- Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn about Tibetan medicine and how it is used in treatment. There is also the opportunity to have the first-hand experience of a medical checkup from a Tibetan doctor.
- Visit a settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements. But we are sorry to say that visitors are not allowed inside the school and kindergarten.
- Enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thenthuk in a Tibetan restaurant, inside the settlement, in the afternoon.
- Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
- Visit the monastery and attend their group pooja in the evening (prayer chanting) with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell etc used during prayers.
- Enjoy evening tea at a local family home, where you will get a taste of Tibetan food, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
Contact us today for more information and pricing details.