Full Day Tour Pokhara – Unique Pokhara Sightseeing
Tibetan Culture Tour in Pokhara, Nepal
WE RUN TOURS SEVEN DAYS A WEEK.
Return: Around 5 or 6 p.m.
- First of all, our tours are not sightseeing tours around the Tibetan villages. Our tours are based on Tibetan educational and cultural tours.
POKHARA TIBETAN CULTURAL TOUR:
During the Full Day Tour Pokhara, our tour guide Mr. Thupten Gyatso will offer detailed information, as well as welcoming questions from our guests.
Our Full Day Tour Pokhara includes explanation about Tibet, Buddhist culture and Tibetan refugees living in Nepal. Among other things, we will see how Tibetans have preserved their rich Buddhist cultural heritage in refugee settlements in Nepal.
Click image below to read more reviews.
Among other things, our Full Day Tour Pokhara program includes:
- Visiting Tibetan refugee settlements around Pokhara valley to learn and understand how Tibetan people are living in Nepal and how well Tibetan people have kept their Tibetan language, identity, and their Buddhist culture.
- One will also learn the meanings of different Buddhist signs and symbols that are so important in their daily life. Such as prayer wheels, prayer flags, stupas, etc.
- Learn about Buddhist monks’ life in their monastery and their monastic education as well as experience Buddhist monks’ prayer chanting.
- Visit the Buddhist monastery and learn different signs and symbols there. One will see small Buddhist monks carrying out their daily routine.
- Learn about the Tibetan schools and the educational system in the Tibetan settlements.
- Also, learn about Tibetan symbolic arts and images that carry importance in their daily life.
- You will discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau. Especially the Tibetan carpet which was first introduced in Nepal by the Tibetan refugees. One will learn how Tibetan people make Tibetan carpets by hand from raw sheep wool to the finished product.
- Furthermore, we will visit our photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60s in Pokhara. There are also many other photos related to Tibetan people and their culture.
- We will also meet a Tibetan doctor and learn basic knowledge about Tibetan medicine, diagnosis, and treatment. Also, receive first-hand experience with medical check-ups from a Tibetan doctor.
- Then, you will enjoy simple and delicious food in a Tibetan restaurant in the afternoon. Such as momos and thenthuk. You will learn how Tibetan people for first time introduced these foods in Nepal.
- We will visit a beautiful Buddhist monastery and over there we will meet with one of the young Buddhist monks to learn about Buddhist monks’ monastic lifestyle, as well as their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
- Next, we will attend the evening group pooja (prayer chanting) with the monks. Hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell, etc used during the prayer. One can experience the vibration and energy of the prayer chanting.
- Finally, we will enjoy Tibetan food with a local family. You will certainly experience the taste of Tibetan food: tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea, and Tibetan bread.
A list of all the activities which are included in our tour programs is below. Not only you will visit our Tibetan villages. Most noteworthy, our tour guide Mr. Thupten can also give you lots of information about Tibet, Tibetan people and Tibet’s rich Buddhist culture. Above all, our tours are typically centered around an educational and Tibetan cultural tour.
Our Sarangkot Sunrise pick up timing could change according to the season. Therefore, we will agree the pick up time once you confirm the Sunrise tour.
|Sunrise Tour||Morning Tour||Full Day Tour||Sunrise Half Day Tour||Morning Half Day Tour||Half Day Tour||Afternoon Half Day Tour|
|Time||4:30 am – 1:30 pm||5:30 am – 1:30 pm||9:00 am – 5:30 pm||4:30 am – 8:30 am||5:30 am – 8:30 am||9:00 am – 1:30 pm||2:00 pm – 5:30 pm|
Contact us today for more information and pricing details.
We also have two authentic Tibetan rooms for rent. Therefore, if you would like to experience Tibetan designed rooms, please click on the photo below and see both of our rooms photos. You can also read the reviews written by our guests. Thank you.