Departure: 5:30 am.
Return : 2:00 p.m.
We provide pick up and drop off services to and from your hotel.
Our tours are not private. Usually we get 2 to 3 people in a group, such as couples, friends and family members. But we also accept other guests, who are interested in joining with our group.
Saturday is our weekend in Nepal, therefore our carpet workshop is closed, but our carpet showroom will be open. On Sunday, our Tibetan doctor is not available, due to weekend holiday, therefore we can’t able to meet with our Tibetan doctor.
Our tour includes lots of information about Tibet, Buddhist culture and the living conditions of Tibetan people in Nepal. Also how well Tibetans have preserved their rich Buddhist cultural heritage, in Nepal, as refugees. Our guide will give informed explanation during the tour and will welcome questions from our guests as well.
- Rise before dawn to drive on top of Sarangkot, the mountain on the south side of Pokhara. If we are lucky, we could able to see the sun rise over the gorgeous snow-capped Annapurna Himalayas. But we can’t promise and guarantee you about the good sunrise and mountain view. Therefore we don’t encourage any of our guests to do the Sunrise tour except if you take your own risk about the weather condition.
- There will be no monastery pooja (prayer chanting) during the morning Sarangkot sunrise tour, rest all programs are as same as the morning tour. We will be late to attend the morning monastery pooja because of going to Sarangkot to see the sunrise and mountain view. Because monastery pooja and sunrise timing are almost at the same time.
- Enjoy Tibetan breakfast in a local family,where you will get a taste of Tibetan food, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
- Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how Tibetan people introduced and make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
- Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn basic knowledge about Tibetan medicine and its treatment. Have a first hand experience of a medical check up from a Tibetan doctor.
- Visit settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements. But we are sorry to say that visitors are not allowed to visit inside the school and kindergarten.
- Enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thenthuk in a local Tibetan restaurants inside the settlement in the afternoon.
Contact us today for more information and pricing details.
Morning sunrise at Sarangkot.