Return: Around 5 or 6 p.m.
Our tours are not private. Usually we get 2 to 3 people in a group, such as couples, friends and family members. But we also accept other guests, who are interested in joining with our group.
Saturday is our weekend in Nepal, therefore our carpet workshop is close, but our carpet showroom will be open. On Sunday, our Tibetan doctor is not available, due to weekend holiday, therefore we can’t able to meet with our Tibetan doctor.
Our tour includes lots of information about Tibet, Buddhist culture and the living conditions of Tibetan people in Nepal. Also how well Tibetans have preserved their rich Buddhist cultural heritage, in Nepal, as refugees. Our guide will give informed explanation during the tour and will welcome questions from our guests as well.
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how the Tibetan people introduced their unique skills in making Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
- Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn about Tibetan medicine and how it is used in treatment. There is also the opportunity to have first hand experience of a medical check up from a Tibetan doctor.
- Visit a settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements. But we are sorry to say that visitors are not allowed inside the school and kindergarten.
- Enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thenthuk in a Tibetan restaurant, inside the settlement, in the afternoon.
- Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
- Visit the monastery and attend their group pooja in the evening (prayer chanting) with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell etc used during prayers.
- Enjoy evening tea in a local family home, where you will get a taste of Tibetan food, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
Contact us today for more information and pricing details.