- First of all, our tours are not sightseeing tours around the Tibetan villages. Our tours are based on Tibetan educational and cultural tours.
Our half-day tour includes lots of explanations about Tibet, Buddhist culture and Tibetan people living in Nepal and how Tibetan have well preserved their rich Buddhist cultural heritage in Nepal as a refugee. Our guide will explain as much as he can. Also we expect more questions from our guests as well. We run tours seven days a week.
Half-Day Tour includes:
- Visiting Tibetan refugee settlements around Pokhara valley to learn and understand how Tibetan people are living in Nepal and how well Tibetan people have kept their Tibetan language, identity, and their Buddhist culture.
- One will also learn the meanings of different Buddhist signs and symbols that are so important in their daily life. Such as prayer wheels, prayer flags, stupas, etc.
- Learn about Buddhist monks’ life in their monastery and their monastic education as well as experience Buddhist monks’ prayer chanting.
- Visit the monastery and attend either the morning group pooja (prayer chanting) or in the afternoon with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell etc use during the prayer. The prayer chanting is not included in the Sunrise morning half day tour.
- Enjoy either the Tibetan breakfast in the morning or in the evening snacks in a local family, where you will get a taste of Tibetan foods, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
- Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
Half day Sunrise tour;
Departure: 4;30 am
Depending on the season, we provide pick-up at different times. Note that the Sunrise tour does not include prayer chanting; instead we go to Sarangkot to see the sunrise.
Return: 8:30 am
Half day Morning tour:
Departure: 5:30 a.m.
Return: 8:30 a.m.
Half day Afternoon tour:
Departure: 2:00 pm
Return: 5:30 pm
A list of all the activities which are included in our tour programs is below. Not only you will visit our Tibetan villages. Most noteworthy, our tour guide Mr. Thupten can also give you lots of information about Tibet, Tibetan people and Tibet’s rich Buddhist culture. Above all, our tours are typically centered around an educational and Tibetan cultural tour.
Our Sarangkot Sunrise pick up timing could change according to the season. Therefore, we will agree the pick up time once you confirm the Sunrise tour.
|Sunrise Tour||Morning Tour||Full Day Tour||Sunrise Half Day Tour||Morning Half Day Tour||Half Day Tour||Afternoon Half Day Tour|
|Time||4:30 am – 1:30 pm||5:30 am – 1:30 pm||9:00 am – 5:30 pm||4:30 am – 8:30 am||5:30 am – 8:30 am||9:00 am – 1:30 pm||2:00 pm – 5:30 pm|