Return: 2:00 p.m.
We provide pick-up and drop off services to and from your hotel
Our tours are not private. Usually we get 2 to 3 people in a group, such as couples, friends and family members. But we also accept other guests, who are interested in joining our group.
Saturday is our weekend in Nepal, therefore our carpet workshop are closed but our carpet showroom will be open. On Sunday, our Tibetan doctor is not available, due to weekend holiday, therefore we can’t able to meet with our Tibetan doctor.
Our tour includes lots of explanation about Tibet, Buddhist culture and Tibetan people living in Nepal and how well Tibetans have preserved their rich Buddhist cultural heritage, in Nepal, as refugees. Our guide will offer well-informed information and will welcome questions from our guests as well.
- Visit a monastery and attend the morning group pooja (prayer chanting) with the monks and hear the horns, drums, conch shell, trumpet, bell etc used during the prayer.
- Enjoy Tibetan breakfast in a local family home, where you will get a taste of Tibetan foods like, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
- Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how Tibetan people introduced and continue to make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
- Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn basic information about Tibetan medicine and how it is used in treatment. You will also have a chance to have a first hand experience of a medical check up from the doctor.
- Visit a settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements. But we are sorry to say that visitors are not allowed inside the school and kindergarten.
- Enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thenthuk in a local Tibetan restaurant, inside the settlement, in the afternoon.
Contact us today for more information and pricing details.
- Tibetan home